LivOliv are a family run business based in Poole, Dorset that aims to bring you quality cosmetics, that are and always will be Cruelty-Free, Non-Toxic and Vegan. Not only do they provide great products that you will love and are better for you, they also provide great customer service.
LivOliv don’t agree with the use of harsh, toxic chemicals in cosmetics, especially when there are better alternatives available and dedicate lots of time & effort in sourcing them for our products. They ensure that their products are free from the five worst toxic chemicals commonly used in other brands. These products are referred to as being 5-Free.
‘5-Free’ means the product is free from these five nasty chemicals:
- Toluene is a liquid solvent used as a nail polish thinner – that smells just like paint thinner. Which can make you feel dizzy & sick. It is also a skin irritant and may cause liver damage as well as fetal development damage to unborn babies. This chemical is derived from petroleum. Our alternativLivOliv de? Ethyl Acetate, which is Non-Toxic & also Vegan.
- Formaldehyde is a chemical commonly used to preserve dead humans & animals. It’s vapours are irritating and can allegedly cause asthma. Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen – a factor directly involved in causing cancer.
- Formaldehyde resin is derived from formaldehyde. It’s not as toxic or harmful, but can still be an allergen. This chemical is mainly used in the production of adhesives.
- DBP is a commonly used plasticiser that has been linked to cancer, and is also found to be connected to birth defects. This toxin was actually added to the California Proposition 65 list of suspected teratogens (agents which cause malformation of an embryo).
- Camphor is a poison, plasticiser, and rust repellent. Enough exposure to it can cause seizures and disorientation. This chemical acts as a cover on your nails, which causes that yellow staining, as it prevents them from receiving essential natural vitamins from sunlight and oxygen.